Ithilien is a Belgian metal band defining itself as FolkCore to underline the combination of traditional Belgian (Folk) music, played with Flemish bagpipes, a hurdy gurdy,
a violin and a bouzouki ; and a modern metal genre (Death Metal, MetalCore) influenced by bands such as Parkway Drive, Architects, All Shall Perish, and many more.
Ever since a stable and ideal line-up was formed in 2012, Ithilien has been working hard on its music, live performances and its image in general,
making it a concept more than just another folk metal.
• Winner of Contest Concours-Circuit (2013).
• Release of the album From Ashes to the Frozen land with the Danish Label Mighty Music – EU, UK & US Distribution with Target Group (2013).
• Touring as support of Eluveitie (CH) in Japan (2014)
• Touring as support of Eluveitie (CH) and Skalmold (IS) in North Europe (2015)
• Performing more than 100 gigs across Europe and Japan since 2011.
• Release of the album Shaping the Soul with the Italian Label Wormholedeath – Worldwide Distribution with Aural Music (2017).
Contact & Booking:
Management & Int. Booking:
Noisy Raccoon Management & Touring
+32 (0)476 37 82 82
Booking (Belgium & Luxemburg):
Intersection Booking Agency
+32 (0)495 54 60 89